11 January 2010

my choir, school's starting, and life's picking up pace.

had my first choir session at pioneer today...
and i set myself a vision for this year:

"to make choir fun, more fun than it already is, yet provide the students with ample knowledge to advance vocally."

its hard though, really, when you have a group of students who chatter amongst themselves, and appear to not listen to you even though u're shouting ur lungs out and going crazy.
and teaching the choir is really harming my voice. i get horrid sore throats from shouting, hoping that even if not all of them listen, at least i get three or four students listening and learning from me.

gotta admit this sucks though. i just lack that authoratative charisma to make everyone listen to me when i speak. i'm not fierce enough.

and its not that i'm not trying...
but they're simply not listening.
i arrange a lady gaga song, hoping that that would liven things up and they would have fun,
but yes, granted they have fun, i still feel that most of them dont listen to me at all when i speak.
urghs.

---
school's starting tomorrow.
its a 6 module semester for me, so that means crazy schedules, waking up early, going home late, etc.
and if i'm going to work towards my target of earning and saving up sufficient money by the end of 2010, den i'm going to have to work doubly hard teaching my vocal/keyboard classes.

---
watched the sneaks of its complicated yesterday.
hilarious show i would say...
fully epitomizes the whole idea of having "Friends with benefits".
and its disturbing to know that more people are having sex at younger ages nowadays.
shldn't that be sth thats left for someone special and for marriage? :