13 September 2009

i love my friends =)


my birthday is special this year because of the following people who have made my birthday so awesomely splendid.

lin yanping... :) for the birthday dinner, the random dvds we rented during our 4 hour horror flick marathon.... its been a long time since i did something like this... and everything was really fun.. thank you :)


josheen wee wen jun=)
for meeting me after your tiring hot day of frisbee and IFG and for the massively crazy camwhoring after that... i often feel that its unlikely to make many new friends in university, but u proved me otherwise ;) thanks for the awesomely sweet birthday msg and for tea in town... i'm glad i met you in NUS =)



huiqing, for always going against me but yet being one of the bestest friends in university, and for coming out despite having an upcoming test

huilin, for taking time off and rushing down after your tiring work...

charlotte, for taking time off your busy wkend... sacrificing time you can otherwise spend with your boyfriend, and also for your constant efforts to keep in touch and message me online even though you are out at internship now.

michael, for being such a great friend for the past few years. since rv days till now... you're always someone i can talk to...

for the surprise cake u guys bought me, and the lameass red apple with a card that says "coming soon"... for charlotte qing and lin, it has been 2 yrs since we known each other! and you guys are the friends i know i can count on in university when i'm absolutely down in the dumps :) thanks guys...



my students, seemun.. for being such a responsible and mature choir president...
wendy, for being one of the first few to message me at the stroke of midnight...

and at the stroke of midnight or somewhere near the first few hours of my birthday, i had friends like eleanor - for droppin me a sweet sms... and for always asking me if i'm fine when i appear emo...
jonchong my 1985 fellow buddy - one of the very few guys i can seriously talk to in university.. thanks alot bro...
lynette jiejie, 3rd ee (for the romantic 3rd ee loves you birthday message)
wanhsin, patricia... you guys were the few earliest to message me and it really meant a lot to receive birthday greetings within the first few hours of my birthday...

the many messages i received the instant i woke up...

camy (who msged my mum's number instead apparently),

eugene (long time friends messages are always the most heartwarming)

joy, lydia, venus, janice mei,

belinda sister (who finally didnt curse me to be single for the rest of my life)

as well as christine cousin (who forgot and thought you wished me late for my birthday when you were actually on time - what a cousin! i cant believe i helped you so much for your birthday. hrmphs.. haha)

brianna (for not forgetting like you promised)

michele, (for always being so enthusiastic and spontaneous about everything - from my guys night out poker sessions, to mahjong, to holidaying in bangkok)

nana (for meeting me and treating me to laobeijing high tea buffet)

michelle pokes (pleasant surprise!!),
mellissa buddy (you mean the world to me buddy...and i always always know u'll be there for me no matter what...just like how i'll always be here...)

ryan (i'm sorry i didnt reply you but i was driving! but yes, to receive msgs from you guys warms me.. haha)

zang ewe, for remembering. (for taking time off your ice cream buffet to meet me at ion for a photo)


grandma, mum and dad.... (for bringing me for my favourite coca steamboat, and for the angpow because you don't exactly know what to buy me - and also for somewhat promising to buy me a car once i graduate - which i hope you won't forget.. haha...)

and for the rest who msged me on facebook.... although facebook does take away the authenticity of birthday wishes (i'm guilty of it too, dropping a convenient happy birthday to friends while visiting their profiles)... but yes, it was heart warming to know that at least you guys remembered and bothered to click and say happy birthday...

university friends... (in order from earliest to latest)

sinyee (fellow gamelan modulemate),
tricia, samuel (for always reminding me to keep fit, although i don't exactly join you for your frequent invitations to jog with you),
allena, joyce, lynn koh wanying, wilson, liyana, gimsiong, peiyi, xiaowei, yeening, chinseng, yinyue, celestin,
huiying ally (who shares the same birthday as me!),
daisy, miss ou meimin,
sharon ally (one of the first 3 friends i made in my first year of university... i'm glad u still frequently remind me to organize our allies outing.. coz that shows you care :))
lizhen, cheryl, ginnie...
mag chua (for calling me flubber.. i seriously cant believe you havent forgotten my nickname in secondary school..)
jiayang (another one of the very few guys i trust in university... whatever happened to joce! she forgot to wish me!!) hahaa...
junyue, ryan, celeste, christabel, regina, kaiying
sara-ann (for wishing me and not forgetting about wii at the same time... what kind of a message is "happy birthday wiiiiiii"! hahaa...),
yanguang, yaozong, vanessa, qiling, szehwei,
weili, (for reminding me nt to be emo, although i think i should remind you the same)
vanessa (for being one of the last, but whew, u were on time)

students, nurul, chihpeng, jixiang, jasmine, lynn....

other friends from secondary school or elsewhere, some of which i haven met for AGES, like dawn, mori, diana auntie, xuefen, szeyin, cheryl yong, jialin, shuxian, geri, meijia, jolene chiang,

charlene chan (who has repeatedly promised to meet up, but to no avail even though i've been to pj umptheen times),
jasmine lau, (when was the last time we talked mann!)
yunhsiu (meet up soon please! i feel as though the last time i met you was when u stayed in parc oasis and knocked on my window)

those friends that wished me, LATE, but yes, still appreciated...

hweeguang (Woah. we go way back from primary school)
irene, daniel, selwyn, ariel, xiaoli,
wah suying (so am i invited to bangkok with you? :P)

tienkwan (for being late... i cant believe it!!!),
and cindy (for being the LATEST officially)
and wait. JAVIN (for JUST beating cindy and being the latest - 13th september 1135pm)
and now justin hong, friends since secondary 1 (for officially being the latest latest... =) sorry for not being able to meet up when you were back in singapore... but yes, i promise i'll better organise my time and meet you and fang when u're back again!


THANKS EVERYBODY FOR A MEMORABLE 24TH =)